The Car Wash Operators of New Jersey was founded in 1951 in Newark, New Jersey. The logo on the association's seal has Excellence, Professional, Quality, Service. This sums up the purpose of our association. As a nonprofit organization, we exist to serve the professional carwash operators in New Jersey and to promote the use of an environmental friendly professional carwash instead of home driveway washing.
CWONJ has been very active in the past representing the interests of carwash operators in Trenton and assisting governmental agencies for legislation such as the recent drought emergency. We had a very proactive role and sent out publicity kits and information to all our members to educate their customers on ways to conserve water.
The association has four general membership meetings each year and is a member of the Northeast Regional Carwash Convention which sponsors an annual Fall regional trade show
Regarding Jeep Grand Cherokees
The International Carwash Association distributed a Special Edition of Breaking News to update the progress that the Association has made on the Sudden Unintended Movement topic and discuss the plans for the future.
Included in this document was an incident report form for operators to use when such a situation occurs.
Latest Statement From the ICA
The ICA's position regarding Jeep Cherokee's is that the handling procedures, particularly starting vehicles in park, monitoring
engine speed prior to shifting into drive and placing your foot on the brake - and visually verifying proper foot placement on the pedal - is a carwash operator's best defense against sudden unintended acceleration.
You can join CWONJ and pay for meetings and membership right here online.
- Four general membership meetings each year.
- Annual fall Northeast Regional Carwash Convention.
- An insurance program that can save you money
- Special credit card program with low fee's
- The Stewart Agency our lobbyist in Trenton that keeps us recognized politically
- The drought package which is state required during drought emergencies
- A membership directory to help you develop an industry network in the state
- A subscription to The Northeast Carwasher - Our quarterly newsletter to keep you abreast of regional news in the industry
- Deeply discounted Web design and hosting for members. Contact email@example.com
At the Car Wash:
Five Tips for Safety